Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Toy

This is our latest addition. I've been looking on and off for a free or really cheap piano. This one was just two miles from us. It had been just sitting unused. All the keys work, the sound is decent, and the "guts" look sound. I am pretty excited to have a piano again! It's been five years since we've had one in the house. I went through all the music, and have lots of beginner books. Jared has learned all the major scales. Jacob still remembers what he learned years ago. Now to find free or really cheap lessons...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie said...

Karen, How silly...!! I was reading your blog, thinking I was reading someone else's blog and realized it after I commented. And then when I reread the comment, I realized half of what I said didn't show up. (Sometimes I type faster than the computer...or than my brain....or... LOL) So I deleted that comment and am writing one that hopefully makes sense....!

Anyway, I'm very excited that YOU have been blessed with this piano!!!

Mom said...

What a thrill! Maybe you will have someone or two who can teach themselves like your eldest did. I'm excited to hear what's coming.

Judy in TX said...

Hurray! Too bad you don't live near a certain piano teacher *I* know.;-) REALLY. I wish you did!! Oh, those old uprights are excellent pianos!! They have the same tone as a grand. I am sooo glad you found one.
love you!!

momawake said...

I imagine that Stacey could give lessons in her spare time. ;-)