Sunday, April 19, 2009

What I Think

It seems my thinking cap is stuck on my head. So many things go 'round and 'round in my mind as I sort through and try to discern wisdom and truth. Recent events send another wave of thoughts surging through, so I'm going to share...

I think that people (me too) should live cheerfully and with noble purpose.

I think complaining is destructive and depressing.

I think funerals and them that mourn are interesting and worthy of pondering.

I think we should really live like there's no tomorrow, not just say we should.

I think God's standards are perfect and full of peace.

I think friends aren't always "friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them," but they should be.

I think God said on purpose that children are a gift from Him, even an abundance of them.

I think that sin is sinister and creepy, slinking around inconspicuously, ruining lives and leaving the masses blaming something or someone else.

I think we should say sin more and not feel old fashioned or embarrassed about it.

I think we should hate sin passionately even when righteousness brings about greater (temporary) suffering.

I think I should live all the time like the dead people did whose loved ones go on and on and on about their impeccable character.

I think we should remember that nobody, not one person save Jesus, has been or ever will be perfect, even our beloved and cherished dead.

I think it's the pits to disagree with others.

I think it's equally the pits to be falsely accused and never given the chance for redemption.

I think I've probably contradicted myself.

I think God is simply and complexly wonderful and definitely worth enduring the waiting room we live in on earth.

I think my mom is a terrific person who doesn't get near enough credit for being so.

I think my dad is an amazing prayer warrior.

I think the Bible is fascinating and exciting, never dull and irrelevant.

I think we should do really hard things just for the character it produces.

I think that very few people are still reading this list =)

I think I should go to bed with a sincere prayer of thanksgiving on my mind.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Wow! Thanks for giving me much food for thought. I agree with all but two things, and I take your word for those -- the two about your mom and dad, of whom I know nothing but the daughter they produced -- so I'm sure you are right about that as well. :-)

Mom said...

Great minds are night people! I appreciate your great mind, and I didn't detect any repetition. BTW, thanks for the plug. Now if I could only get my mind around what yours has shared.

momawake said...

Still reading. :)

Judy in TX said...

Excellent thoughts, dear one. Excellent.

Leslie said...

Great thoughts! I agree with you. I was up reading Paul Enhearts(?) book about the sermon on the mount. It's amazing to see all the small things that are so important get over looked. I agree with you. Sin is sin and should never be sugar coated. There are gaps in my life that I've realized had been over looked and now I'm working on them. Love it.

p.s. I did read the whole list. :)

Warren Baldwin said...

I think you wrote a wonderful post!

I linked here from Mike & Kendy's site. I'd like to invite you to visit Family Fountain. WB