Monday, May 11, 2009

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

I really wanted to post pictures with very, very few words. That would be far more effective and poignant. Alas, it is not to be. It seems my computer doesn't like the high capacity card from my camera. Bryan, our computer savvy friend, told me how to upload from the card in an alternate way, but that's not working now either. Argh.

So, what I want you to know is that James - all by himself - gave me a dozen pink roses for Mother's Day. They are gorgeous, but you will have to imagine because a picture is not going to appear here today.

Also, John took a picture of Jason Sunday that we whole heartedly agreed should find its way to the blog. Not happenin' either. We had corn on the cob for lunch. Jason asked me to cut his corn off the cob - more than once. John hadn't heard his requests nor my dissent and suggested that Jason might need me to cut the corn off his cob. I asserted that maybe we should have him try and not baby his slight handicap. He ate that corn off the cob with the greatest of ease and efficiency. It's amazing how little things that we take for granted and all do are such victories for Jason. (Though he is blissfully unaware of that.) The picture - again - is much better than my story, but you will have to live without.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I may be the only one who can fully empathize with your no picture post. Maybe we all are developing our imaginative powers.

momawake said...

I hope you'll be able to share them sometime. Have you tried Flickr or would that have the same problem?