Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Little Information

A "little" because our main furnace is not working, and the computer resides in its domain. It's cold sitting here.

Just want to share...

Nancy does seem to be hearing much better. She (and Jason) go to the doctor for hearing tests and follow up on the 16th.

Jason has been having the most serious respiratory "stuff" that I've seen in him. He's very wheezy and congested in his chest. The breathing treatments are making slow progress. This morning was the first morning in a few that didn't alarm me. He's been acting well and has no fever. I hope he will clear up quickly.

Joshua had trouble traveling through the mountains on the way to Florida this past Monday. Since then, he's continued to be very dizzy. It appears that his eardrum perforated Friday night. Unfortunately, that didn't alleviate the dizziness. He had nausea but it is better. He said he can't tell that his hearing has been effected. I, too, am not noticing trouble hearing. If he is not remarkably better tomorrow morning I will take him to the doctor.

James is moving back to Arizona. He leaves the 15th - a week from tomorrow. I know, I know, adult children leave home and go their way; it's a natural part of life. It is. I've said so many times, you *should* be concerned when a child doesn't mature enough to be individually responsible. However, I am so hesitant to find joy in his departure. I am dreading this last "count down" week. Please pray for him as he travels 1800 miles by himself and that he will thrive spiritually (and every other way) as he makes his adult way.

I've had knee problems, though the last two weeks have been certainly tolerable. I see an orthopedic surgeon on the 17th. I had an xray that revealed deteriorating cartilage in October 2008. I opted not to do anything about it at that time. I think it must be deteriorating further. It will be nice to have it fixed. Now that pain hasn't been a constant factor, I am challenged by the changed lifestyle and new way of accomplishing my work. In time, it will all be habit, I'm sure, but right now, it can be a frustration. (I'm sure that it's good for my boys to have to serve me. In fact, they do it without being asked. I do not naturally like to ask for help. I am not a delegater.)

Ok, I'm shivering. Back to the family room where the furnace does work.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad to hear that Nancy is hearing better. Hope you can find a way to keep Jason healthy. Sounds like Joshua is having vertigo due to middle ear whatever. James is one who needs to learn from experience. It is hard for us parents who have already learned to have our wisdom rejected. What is the solution to the furnace problem?