Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God's Blessings

A trunk load full of more frozen fruit arrived at our house tonight. Our freezer was full from the last round, so I removed anything at all that didn't *need* to be frozen, rearranged, and here you see the very full result. I froze probably 6 - 8 gallon bags of small diced peaches, 3 - 4 times that of diced apricots. I also am finishing up canning 10 quarts of blueberry syrup. I was a very good girl and got up at 6:30 this morning. It's now 3:36 AM, and I am *tired!* I have a busy day ahead of me too. Sleep's overrated, right?

I *am* so grateful for the abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables that God has blessed us with. He has done far beyond what I ever thought or imagined when I asked to Him to bless our garden. In addition to the produce of our garden, we have received likely 200 pounds or more of frozen fruit. Wow. Staggering. I am sure thanking Him tonight for such abundance and for our freezer which is very old, very large and, for today, still working.


2 comments:

Mom said...

Hope you have had a chance to rest. You don't need to get sick with the upcoming needs for the Shearers. Sure hope Elizabeth gets through everything OK. WE are praying so.

momawake said...

I can't agree with the "sleep in overrated" comment. ;-) Gotta have it.