Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jason's Big News - Good and Bad

Something clicked with Jason yesterday and he just started walking longer distances and with more confidence. Got one jaunt on video. Sorry it's dark, but my camera settings must have gotten changed, and I never do anything without looking at the manual.

Also, he fell last night (what appeared to be a minor bump) into his walking toy and broke most of his cleft side upper incisor off. I am taking him to the dentist today to have it checked. I am bummed because now he will have one more different thing about him - a missing tooth right in front. Also, I am concerned that he damaged a bit of his palate repair.

Have lots going on right now. Will write about it all later.

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Well, congratulations to the big boy for walking! I'm sorry he was hurt, but at least it is a baby tooth. The dentist will take good care of that to protect his permanent teeth. My son broke his front tooth when he was about 10 (fell off a skateboard, and it wasn't even ours), and now he's almost 18 and will soon be getting his permanent crown. Kids and teeth--always an adventure!

Mom2fur said...

Hi, again! I answered this post before looking over the blog. Jason is adorable! I can see why you'd be more concerned about him breaking a tooth, especially after all the little guy has been through. I hope he heals quickly and feels better soon!

Bethany Joy said...

I will definitely be praying for Jason! How excited that he's walking more now! You'll be in my prayers