Thursday, January 15, 2009

Behind, Behind, Behind

It's January 16th (almost 1 AM on said day), and I still haven't finished posting about Christmas 2008. I really should be in bed which has seen little of me in the last three days. I am done catching up on the blogs I read, making me think of mine. It is so neglected of late.

Briefly, I might say that this week is the challenge I cannot likely beat. It is frustrating me so. I have a full week of school scheduled, just returned from a week's glorious trip late Monday, have two or three sick children, one of whom needs diligent and ongoing attention. The doctor is seeing us twice this week, the photographer once and the eye doctor will get a turn as well. Today's weekly shopping trip, after two weeks, is said to have been nearly six hours long. Ugh. School is planned for the weekend to make up lost time, though I wish I had had the insight to schedule us lightly this week. It is not reality, though, so I am chipping away at it as best I can.

Brennan Caleb Shearer is the name of the grandson I have so longed to meet. It is not God's will (as so many of us prayed for it to be) for me to get to see Little Boy in his first hours, but I am so happy and relieved at his coming. Haelley and I are friends now, I think, though her brother will have to wait for another visit to accomplish that with his Mammaw. We hold close wonderful memories of spending a week joined nearly all the time in some activity or another. Pictures of both grandchildren follow.

































Jason is one of my sickies this week. He is requiring breathing treatments again - both steroids and bronchodilator. This is certainly the worst I've ever heard him. He is making slow but steady progress, thankfully. I hope for a better night's rest for he and I both.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Been missing you here. Thanks for the updates. I can't wait for more pictures of Brennan.

Amy said...

Glad to hear the update! Brennan is soo cute! I'll be praying for Jason and your other sick children.

Judy in TX said...

So glad Brennan made his debut! What day? Weight, etc???
So sorry little Jason is so ill.
It was wonderful to see you!!

Amy said...

Judy...to answer for Karen...he was born on Jan 14th, at 12:08 and he was 7 pounds, 7 ounces, I believe.

momawake said...

I'm still waiting for an apron picture. See if you can fit that into your schedule. ;)

Leslie said...

He's a cutie. The parents are just as proud as the granny and family.

Leslie said...

I've been looking at different agents at the moment. There are several in Indiana that fit close to my story line. When the editing stage is over, I'll send them quaries. :)