Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas















Traditional Christmas breakfast is monkey bread. It is made with canned biscuits which I cannot find for Josiah's restrictions. Last year I made his with homemade biscuits with a rather dry result. This year I tried making a yeast roll dough. It was yummy. You can see that one in the background.

















My sister and brother-in-law sent a new game called Pictureka. We had fun playing it Christmas afternoon. We had some friend over in the evening and enjoyed it with them too.





















One food that John loves that I had never found before in a natural uncured state for Josiah's diet is ham. This year I happened to see a sign at Trader Joe's for uncured ham. Sure enough it was all natural and nitrate free. I spent a lot of money to buy one and surprised John at our afternoon meal. Thankfully, it was very, very good. The expense ended up justified because it stretched to make five meals. (Sorry about the turned picture. It is right side up in my picture folder, and I cannot make it turn there anyway for some reason. Don't know why it showed up here like you see it.)

















Another Christmas tradition (usually was on Christmas Eve) is to watch my all time favorite Christmas movie, Prancer. (It is the one with Sam Elliott as Jessica Rigg's father.) I thought we were going to be forced to skip this tradition this year because our VHS player quit working, but John decided to save the tradition and buy another.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm surprised there was one to buy.