Friday, September 28, 2007

Attitude

I get lots of forwards. Well, it feels like I get lots of forwards. I don't particularly like to get them. Usually I delete unread. Occasionally, I will read one, though. I opened one this morning that I was sure I'd seen before. I hadn't. I am pasting it below. It's not especially different than other things you see, but it is profound in its own way.

Attitude Is Important

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.' So she did
and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. 'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.' So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that
she had only one hair on her head. 'Well,' she said, 'today I'm
going to wear my hair in a pony tail.' So she did and she had a
fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that
there wasn't a single hair on her head. 'YEA!' she exclaimed,
'I don't have to fix my hair today!'

Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly.......

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have had my share of pity parties over the last several months. I have. But I think one of the things I am seeing and trying to learn is what the message above says. Our circumstances don't have to determine our happiness or our mood. We don't have to use the nuisances of life as excuses to be miserable - or to make other people miserable. I suppose we can go on and be joyful and sweet all the time.

I have been sick all week, and you know that has been discouraging. It has not erased the perpetual good that God is and does, though. Maybe I will laugh more today and smile. And just maybe I will feel better too.

3 comments:

Susie said...

As usual, Karen, you encourage me and bless me! I recently read that "attitude" piece in a magazine and was really taken by it also.

Mom said...

You are such a great example of "turning lemons into lemonade." I would like to know what has been your sickness.

momawake said...

Thanks for sharing. I've read that last line before some where and shared it with hubby when he was needing encouragement. It's so much easier to encourage someone else than it is yourself, I think.