Saturday, September 22, 2007

New Accomplishments for Jason!


Yesterday Jason accomplished two new things that really encouraged me! He was able to eat with a regular bottle! It took him longer because it was more work for him, but he did it. He hasn't yet finished eating the full amount that way, but nearly so. One time he ate all but 1 1/2 ounces of the six normally eaten.

AND he has been saying a "ny" sound! There are only two sounds that you don't use your soft palate muscle to form: the "m" and "ing" sounds. That means that he had to use his soft palate muscle to form his new sound. I know that is tiny, but I was so excited. I am also hopeful about his speech because, so far, he has been pretty vocal. He does lots of cooing. Some of the other boys weren't so free with those adorable noises.

The picture is not of the regular bottle, but I am including it because we all get a kick out of his new desire to "help" with his feedings. I really don't ever want him to hold the bottle for himself because feeding times are natural bonding/cuddling times, but it is fun that he likes to hang on to it too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! He's soooo sweet.
*kisses and hugs*

Mom said...

Oh how I wish I could be there to soo his development!

Jeni said...

Wow, I am so impressed!!! What a big boy! I am glad that he is accomplishing so much ... I think he is very smart - just like Joan said. Kiss him for me and tell everyone hello. Love to you all!!!

True Narnians said...

Hey Jason,
Glad that you're eating and talking so well. You should come back to IN for a visit - the girls are looking down right pretty!!! :-)
Miss you,
SIlas