Saturday, September 22, 2007

Open letter to Haelley


Well, little Haelley, I told you in my letter that Joseph had been bested more than once by Mr. Lizard. Today Mr. Lizard met his match! Your grandpa got him! He was trying to catch him as he scurried along. Soon Mr. Lizard took a turn up the concrete wall, thinking he was escaping his stressful ordeal, but alas! Grandpa (who has always been fast himself) thrust an ice cream tub against the wall and over Mr. Lizard. He is now on display in the living room for a time.

I think his tail is very interesting! It is at least twice as long as his body and tapers fabulously from nearly as wide as his body at the beginning to almost thread-like at the end. You can look at the picture and see what I mean.

Soon we will have to let him go so he doesn't die in the living room, but it has been fun to know that for a time that Mr. Lizard has been outwitted.

Kisses to you and much love!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm glad I'm not there to share living quarters with a lizard!