Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day Seven

On this seventh day of illness I have received some rest. It, overall, was the best day since Tuesday. I have still had fever and aches, but much milder - until about 7 PM. I am so thankful. Even though tonight is not great, the day being so much better encourages me. Maybe tomorrow will be even better! Please thank God for answering prayers. Being sick so long has given me more time to just think about spiritual things. There is much to be thankful for!

In fact, one good thing today came from an actual burst of brain power. I have been spending 1 1/2 hours every day hooked up to a milking machine. (I know that is way more than you wanted to hear, but I haven't figured out a graceful way to talk about it.) I have wished that I could do something productive during that time. I have spent much time praying, but today I had another great thought (in that little burst) I can listen to CD's with headphones. We have lots of sermons that I've never listened to, so I was very excited about the idea.

Thanks again for praying, and praise God for giving me rest on this seventh day.

(Okay, sorry about the weird look, but I tried to be clever and put the word "power" in a smaller font. But it won't make everything after "power" big again, and I'm not redoing=)

5 comments:

momawake said...

I'm glad you're doing some better.

Mom said...

You've been on my "pray during sleep" mind. I am glad God is having mercy on you and your family. I hope that means that the infection is bacterial and the antibiotic is working. Will continue to pray about your milk supply. I'm sure God already knows the need.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your doing better!!!!
<3 <3 <3

jnewkirk said...

I will be praying for you and your whole family Karren. I miss you. I am glad that I got to see you at John's birthday. Jody Newkirk

Unknown said...

if you find yourself running low on listening material, just let me know, i have a lot more cds if you want them.