Sunday, June 29, 2008

Catching Up a Bit

I am often surprised by how much time goes by between posts. Some have asked about James. Thank you. He is absolutely fine! Praise God! James will go back to work Tuesday. He will be so glad! He has cabin fever somethin' fierce.

Jason is walking all the time - quickly I might add. He just started walking all the time the day before his birthday and has continued. Because he's so small I have thought that we might not deal with so many "get into" issues. You know, door knobs and counter tops are a long way off. But, little places are very accessible to a little person. We have found him sitting in the few inches behind the stand where we keep the DVD player, X box, etc. Tonight he was sitting in another hidey hole trying to push buttons on a computer. He does look pretty cute just sitting happily in some very small place. However, I am not so sure that it is going to be any less troublesome than being able to open doors and other things.

Some of you might remember that Joshua had some very serious eye trouble last Spring, finally diagnosed as an auto-immune disorder. It has reappeared, but not nearly as severe, thankfully. He started two different kinds of drops today. Hopefully that will keep it from reaching the awfully miserable level of last year.

I said quite a while back that I would explain my recent visit to Indiana. JW had been having trouble that could have possibly been connected to his neck injury. I worried and worried about it and finally decided just to go and suggest that we go to the emergency room and check it out. Well, to the emergency room we did go. While I was there (and the day before we planned to go to the hospital) he cut himself with a chainsaw. A CT scan of his neck revealed a healthy repair of his injury over a year ago. That was good news. The stitching of the cut was reminiscent of Rambo. Two attempts were made to numb the wound for stitching. Neither was successful, so he got to have the job done fully sensing each poke and prod. The injury put him off work for a week. When the stitches came out it opened up again. It just wasn't a good experience;-) He'll have a great scar, I'm sure, which will make the story all the more delicious to tell someday.

While in Indiana I got to spend time with the others too. Elizabeth and I decided to let Jason and his niece play in the pool - a first for both. Jason was chicken and, well, Haelley was not=)



We will all be in Indiana soon. I am very much looking forward to it. Little Grandbaby will have a birthday soon, and we thought we would like to attend the party. Can hardly wait!

2 comments:

momawake said...

I'm glad to hear the update on JW. When will you be in IN?

Amy said...

It's so funny, I just cannot picture Haelley as Jason's niece. Jason's only like what, a week or so older than Haelley?