Saturday, August 23, 2008

Responding to Higher Gas Prices

I know it seems odd to write about high gas prices when they've come down nearly fifty cents a gallon. However, our response took a little while to implement.

John has been riding a motorcycle to and from work. He runs short, simple errands with it too. Savings: 37.5%
He has also gotten a part time job at Chick fil A where Joshua works. He'll be working the afternoon/evening and weekend hours. Thankfully, they are closed on Sunday. It will be a huge adjustment for all of us - and likely not a pleasant one. However, drastic circumstances (gas for nearly $4 a gallon) call for drastic measures. I am grateful that God provided the second job for him. It should help to balance our budget (which was just fine before gas prices soared)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I definitely know what you mean about the gas prices. We've had to cut our driving time quite a bit since the $4.19 gas price. Thankfully, it's only $3.57 now. Wow, a huge savings! :-)

momawake said...

DH says that the gas price has effected all drivers who are driving less thus not putting miles on their cars meaning 9.5 million tires not selling. (Thereby effecting Goodyear sales.)

Leslie said...

An easy way to cut down on the gas prices is I've discovered Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment. It's fairly priced, but it saves a lot of gas while cleaning your tank. I love the stuff. It's cut down on my fuel usage drasticly. Before I used the stuff it would take 1/4 of my tank to travel to work (in louisville) and back home. Now it only uses 1/8 or less on the same trip. I went almost a whole week on one tank of gas. I've never been able to do that before. So I highly recommend it. It's sold at Napa, Auto Zone, maybe wal-mart, Reily's ect. Corydon's wal-mart carries it, because the owner of the products lives in Corydon and has one of his main headquarters here. Good Luck.