Sunday, September 14, 2008

Drawing a Blank

I don't have any school work to correct tonight (which is what I've been doing with my evenings) so I thought I'd blog. I'm kind of in the mood to do that. However, I cannot think of a single thing to say that sounds interesting. I think I might just ramble a bit. You can read if you want - especially if you're ready for a nap. If you need to be energized you'll have to look elsewhere.

This past week was, overall, a good one. We got all of our school work done before Friday night rolled around. It was wonderful not to have any leftovers for the weekend. I planned a rigorous school year, so we have been spending much more time completing everything. Though this is what I wanted - definitely what I wanted - it is nice to do something else over the weekend.

Southern Indiana got pounded with high winds today. All of our children there - and little grandbaby - are without power. It is not anticipated that it will be back on sooner than one week because of the widespread damage. I am so grateful that they are all ok! I have tried and tried to find news/pictures online about the situation there, but I think it is certainly eclipsed by the exponentially harder hit areas of the country. I do wish I could do something to help them. It's a helpless feeling to have your children in need and be powerless to help. It is comforting to know, though, that God will be present in their lives, bringing good things.

Joseph and Jared get their space maintainers this week. Joseph will have one on the bottom and Jared both top and bottom. After those are in place I can schedule their teeth extractions with the dentist. I am anxious to get them over with (though they are not=). If all goes normally, they shouldn't need to see any oral doctor for five months after extraction. Hopefully the adult teeth that are now prevented from erupting will come in quickly after making a place for them.

I am sleepy. It's 11:00 o'clock, and I am so sleepy that my eyes want to close. That is unusual for me. I may go to bed and succumb. That will make the sound of the alarm at 5:30 tomorrow a bit easier to take.

Hope you have a great week!

No comments: