Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blogging in Reverse

I sat down at the computer a bit ago and decided I'd catch up reading blogs. I only have a handful that I watch, but I find that I'm not keeping up with it like I did in AZ. My time is often so full. We are studying anatomy this year for school. My method is new for me. (I am enjoying it a lot.) I have Stacey's college anatomy text book which I study and take notes from before teaching the kiddos. It is a subject that I love, but it is very time consuming. I am also studying the Bible with the kids in a more involved way than I have for a number of years. Again, it's been good, but takes time to prepare (not to mention implement.) I am often studying at night after the kids go to bed, then again early in the morning before they are up.

Those things, in addition to the other duties in my house and home, leave less time for computerized socialization. I miss it. I keep thinking that I'll get caught up and then stay caught up, but that is not realistic during the school year. I am determined to keep my priorities straight and be not just home, but at home. I'm sure that I will find myself wandering back to the blogs now and again, but to peruse them each night like I used to isn't possible right now. I find it kind of a melancholy thought, but summer will come, and then I can use my nights differently. That is until we start in with chemistry next year...

1 comment: