Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010

This picture was one of those "catches" that left me feeling victorious. Joshua was feigning this frown over his gift. It had caused the room to erupt with laughter, and I managed to capture the expression.


















James and Andi spent the night with us and got up in the morning for the Christmas morning fun. Here you see James looking at a gift from Stacey. I believe they were gift cards. We bought them a copy of "Fireproof." It is a wonderful movie, well capturing the essence of marriage that God intended.

















Andi, our newcomer this year, was a bit overwhelmed, I think. You see her here with a Groupon for a quaint, white table cloth restaurant in Cordyon, IN. If you haven't heard of Groupon, it's a fun way to get good deals on things for yourself or for gifts. Google it.

















We had a special visitor for Christmas this year. Our congregation has a sort of intern right now. He was to travel to Alabama where is family was going to be for Christmas, but his car wasn't running well enough for him to go. He spent Friday night and Saturday with us. He is one of those people who brightens up a room by various means. This picture captures the goofy, ham-it-up Dan. For some reason, I enjoy feeding him. I made his a generous French silk pie, which he would certainly sing for if I asked.

















John, for as long as I've known him (and many years before) has used his grandfather's feather pillow. His grandfather died in 1975, and the pillow was used then. He has been protective of this pillow, not allowing me to re-tick it or wash it. Needless to say, we have ribbed him from time to time about his "yucky" pillow. A while back he actually said that maybe he should get a new pillow. I ran with that and found a terrific deal on Black Friday for a feather pillow. He is officially using the new pillow while the other is enjoying retirement.

2 comments:

The Boring One said...

Mother. Next time you post about Dan and Christmas, you must include a picture of The Hat. The ridiculous one with the star on top. The End.

Mom said...

I really enjoy the pictures. They help give the feeling of "being there." I think you left yourself out.