Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas 2010

My parents send money to our children for Christmas. Every year my mom comes up with a clever way to present it. This year each child's money was in a pair of gloves. You can see Nancy holding hers with much delight. I had a hard time picking a picture of Nancy for the blog because my little drama queen had great expressions in all the pictures. Her you have her big, grateful, pleased smile.
















I had a hard time picking which picture of Josiah to post also. Each one had some story to tell. This picture is adequate for two of them. It is hard to find all natural candy where we live. What I can find is very expensive and almost an hour's drive away. Much to my delight (and Josiah's) I discovered that Necco is now making their Necco's and Clark bars all with all natural ingredients. Even better, a friend discovered them at a pharmacy only seven minutes from our house! If you look by his folded legs, you can see Clark bars that were in his stocking. You can also see the Bible he got. He is fanatical about Bible study and Bible notes, commentaries, outlines, etc. He had asked for an NASB, and what mother could refuse that?
















I wanted to choose pictures somewhat uniquely to give different vantage points of our Christmas day, but this picture of Jared with the gloves and money from his grandparents was precious. Thanks to their generous grandparents, I took the four youngest shopping on Monday. We had a great time. They were all well behaved which made for a fun day.
















Once again, you see a pair of gloves with the mysteriously hidden money. This time Joseph is the happy recipient. Funny thing about Joseph is that he made a list of things he wanted (at my request), then wanted to go buy some of them with his birthday money! We had to hold him off because Santa wanted a turn at that list first.
















Here's a happy Jacob. He's not just happy about receiving his gift of the jacket. He's also happy because his wait for it ended Christmas morning. He was with me when I was looking for a jacket for his Christmas present. He ended up picking the one he liked most after I made him promise to act surprised on Christmas morning.

No comments: