Tuesday, October 2, 2007

John and Cami

There is now (implying that there wasn't originally) a story behind this wonderful picture. Yep, I'm going to tell it...

When I was in Indiana in August we had a little party for John's graduation. I asked Jennifer B., who is a photo journalism major, to bring her camera and take pictures of John and of my children as a group. She took this picture of John and Cami that night.

I actually saw the picture for the first time when a friend forwarded (doesn't that word grate on your nerves?) an email with a link to Jennifer's pictures from that night. When I looked through them I took special notice of this one. I really like it - a lot. So I had this thought: post it on my blog! Great thought, don't you think? Execution came a bit harder than the thought.

Because the picture was on a commercial webpage (or whatever that is really called) I couldn't load it onto my blog. I tried everything my little brain (with no extra power this time) could think of. Nothing worked. Plan Y was......take a picture of it! So I did, and here is the blurry result. I didn't think it was too bad considering I took it of my computer screen.

I love these two people. One because he's my son and the other because she loves my son. An older (than me) mother once told me that she couldn't imagine not loving anyone her child loved. I understand that now. Cami is wonderful, and many things have endeared me to her, but the first was that she saw in my son someone worthy of her love. I agree. He's a special young man.



3 comments:

Mom said...

Under your paragraph there are three empty boxes with a little X in them. Thinking that there might be another picture, I clicked on one. Up came a WalMart blog/ad. Can a blog get spam? Thought you might like to know.

Mom said...

The photographs in "The Buchanan Avenue Gang" were photos of photos. Some turned out better than others. Aren't digital cameras great! That is a rare photo of John - with a genuine smile!

glad2bmommy said...

I bet if you email Jennifer, she will send you the pix, although what you did was incredibly ingenius!