Thursday, November 15, 2007

By request

Some have asked how Jason is doing. He is doing well. Tuesday seemed to bring a noticeable change. I felt like I got my boy back finally. Overall, he has been happier and more like he was before surgery. Wednesday night he was very fussy and spitting up a lot, though. I thought maybe he was getting sick, but today has been just fine. It's a bit complicated to figure out what is bothering him because he has great potential for ear trouble, he's recently had surgery and he's teething. Feeding him is still not like it was. I am not expecting it to be anymore. He appears to have lost muscle tone making sucking inefficient. I am concerned about that because of speech development, but I am not worried about him eating. We have the ability with the Haberman feeder to "force" feed him.

Jason's development has taken off where it left off. He is working so hard at scooting/crawling. He can scoot some, but it's still mostly accidental. I love watching him think. He's a bright little boy. We were worried that his noises would change after surgery, and they did. However, the growly sound that he was making before surgery returned today. It was pretty exciting.

P.S. Michael, Elizabeth and Haelley are scheduled to arrive on Monday! I am so anxious. We plan to go to the Grand Canyon with them while they are here. I am looking forward to that too. I'm sure I will have pictures and stories after they leave.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Let us know how you find it at the Grand Canyon. We were advised that it would not be a good time of the yeaar to risk going there due to possible snow and no services available. So glad to hear of Jason's progress. I had been wondering if he would have any muscle in the clef lip area. The other nerves may be traumatized and come back to normal in time.

lissa said...

hi md... it's elissa. :)
i'm glad that jason is recovering so well... he's one tough little boy - i can tell he's a dineen, for sure for sure. ;)
oo and i hope you guys have fun @ the grand canyon with your grandbaby!!! :)
love ya!