Friday, March 14, 2008

Caving

No, I don't mean spilunking. Joshua does that, not me. I mean that I am caving to pressure to post on my blog=) This month is a very, very full month. We have many, many medical things going right now, thus the ten days since I last wrote here. Apologies.

We are enjoying immensely getting to visit with some good and encouraging friends. They are here from Utah for a few days. I hope to remember to take pictures tomorrow before they leave on Sunday. What a blessing they always have been to us, and this visit is no less. Their five boys and one girl just fit right in at our house. We will be sad to see them go.

James got his first paycheck on Thursday. Do you remember when that happened to you? There are some parts of being a teenager that are appropriately delicious. The first paycheck is one of them.

Today I took Josiah to pick up his fourth pair of glasses in the last year. Hopefully, we can figure out how to help him keep track of them and in one piece. He is always a whirlwind of activity.

I discovered today an apparent problem with one of Jason's legs. He has had a funny crawl at times. We have just remarked about how cute it is (because it is=) Today, however, I was walking him around outside and noticed that one leg was doing a peculiar thing as he walked. After some more investigation and contemplation, I am wondering if one leg is significantly shorter than the other. He is certainly not out of the woods in terms of being diagnosed with a genetic syndrome, so any new developments/discoveries are troubling. I finally, after much balking, sent the paperwork to the geneticist to begin the ball rolling in that arena. We have been so unsure about the wisdom of that. He continues to be very, very small, though healthy and proportionate. The leg deal is really weighing heavy on my mind because it adds another piece to a potentially larger picture. He is supposed to see the pediatrician on the 25th to recheck his again infected ears and get a hopeful go ahead for the 28th's surgery. I will bring it up to him then.

Jared had a pulpotomy (baby tooth equivalent of a root canal) a few years back. Several months ago we had to take him to the dentist with an abscess there. We have been babysitting it ever since, hoping that the adult tooth would descend enough to hold open the space left when pulling out the troublesome tooth. Tuesday was the big day. The big bad tooth is gone, and the adult one appears to be near eruption.

Joshua went camping this weekend, leaving Thursday. He sent me a few texts on the way to the campsite about the sighting of snow! When they got to their intended campsite they found 1-2 feet of snow! That place was closed so they had to scout out another. I told him that was a real bummer because they could have built an igloo to sleep in=)

Hope your weekend is superb!

2 comments:

momawake said...

I'm happy you had people pressure you for a blog post. ; ) Thanks for the update.

Waiting for birthday ideas for Josiah.

Mom said...

Thanks for the rainbow of news. How is the PT going for Joshua and James? You might threaten Joshua with having to wear straps on his glasses or gluing them to his skull.:o/:) The genetic stuff would be interesting. Dad and Amy have different size feet, if that is of any significance. Our family does seem to be creative in our maladies!