Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Bit of Catching Up

The J Place is not a sedate place. There is always a lot going on around here. It doesn't take long of sparse blogging to get very behind in sharing all the new news.

John is still working both jobs - Safeway and Chick fil A. He is now a manager - or maybe assistant manager - after being promoted at Chick fil A. He doesn't know for sure because the owner told him assistant, then his name tag came saying just manager. The hours are the same (pretty much), the pay higher, and the responsibility is more suited to him. So yes, it's good news.

I think my mom is home now after being here to help during and after Jason's surgery. She has such a gift for serving. I always enjoy having her around and am sad when she goes. It is always nice to have someone who "talks politics," which my mom can and does. I find those conversations stimulating.

JW is waiting for the results of an MRI he had of his wrists today. He experiences debilitating numbness and loss of strength in them. Arthritis is suspected. I am hoping that he will get accurate answers, but do hope that it's not devastating news.

James is now a very proud holder of a license to operate an automobile. It always amazes me how teary that makes me. I do not have a picture yet because everything hopped along at a steady pace this morning. I hope to remember later.

Joseph gets the Hero Award for teaching Nancy how to ride her bike without training wheels. She is riding with great ease now, even weaving as if through cones. She does have trouble remembering how to brake, but at four she gets credit just for riding unassisted.

Jason is strange. I mean no ugliness by that. I am frankly puzzled by him lately. He is having recurring fever following surgery eight days ago. He turns abruptly into a little madman with no provocation and has for three or four days . He is not sleeping well, waking to display the same fits of temper. I don't think his throat hurts anymore, but twice he indicated his head hurts. I am baffled. We are going to see how he does over the weekend and call the doctor Monday if he's not better.

As of this moment you are caught up on our news=)

2 comments:

Mom said...

It was fun getting to experience all the firsts and the many activities - even helping with some of them. It is back to boring for me.

Leslie said...

WOW, you've been busy. I'm glad that for the most part every thing is going well. Tell James congrats from me. I know he must be smiling from ear to ear. I hate to hear that about JW and Jason. I hadn't heard anything on JW's account, and poor Jason's been through so much, it's sad to here that. Tell Nancy congrats also. I didn't learn to ride a two wheeler until I was 6. So she has me beat.