Saturday, October 11, 2008

Therapy

I have done some things over the last two days that have been surprisingly refreshing. I didn't choose them because I thought they would have therapeutic value, but they sure did. Last night I worked on a 1000 piece puzzle with Jared. This morning I spent well more than an hour sorting pictures of my kids, my "growing up family," friends, etc. I was searching for some specific photos and decided that sorting them all would be the easiest way to find them. It was so relaxing and peaceful to walk through the past, and it sure felt good to have that job done after so many years of neglect. This evening John and I took most of the children to the big park here. The weather was beautiful - refreshingly cool actually - and it was just a relief of stress to run and play with the kids. Who knows what's around the corner, but for today, I feel so much better.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I have found it helpful during stressful times to have a DAILY change of reality. Five minutes in a novel or a good history book. Looking through your pictures did that for you. Going for a walk or exercising can do it for some people. Listening to music or peaceful sound recordings help some. Be sure it is a daily something you look forward to.