Saturday, October 11, 2008

Commenting on "The Economy" Comments

While it is absolutely true that God should be trusted, and He has a track record that deserves that, I am still stressed about the economy. I am 1800 miles away from three of my children and grandchildren. If we get dumped into the Great Depression 2, it is unlikely that I will be able to see or talk to them for a very long time. And to wonder how they are coping - whether they are coping - would be stressful. If that comes to pass, God will have His perfect way, and if we love Him and are faithful to Him, all will be well in any circumstance.

(To be honest, I think we are going to fall into an abysmal Depression. We are too debt poor to stand much longer.)

5 comments:

Mom said...

I hope you are wrong, but you will manage better than most. You have experience!

Laura said...

I think you are right and that we are truly blessed because we do not have money. We know how to manage our households and do not live outside of our means. I think you just need to have faith and turn off your TV and live as HE wants you to.

Laura said...

Are you as impressed as I am that I finally figured out how to do this?!

momawake said...

I'll be praying for you.

Leslie said...

The three that are here with us, will be taken care of if the economy ever turns that direction. They are our family and just rest at peace that everyone here is fine.

Sounds like you've got a lot on your hands at the moment. I know I'm not a huge help this far away, but if you need anything, please call on me.
P.S.: Your "kids" here are very much looking forward to thanksgiviing and being there.