Monday, October 6, 2008

Wow! When It Rains, It Does Pour!


I mentioned earlier that I took Jason to the doctor today. That was unplanned, and the results were unexpected.

I picked James up from the airport before taking Jason to the doctor. That went fine. (Thank God he's home safely!) On the way home we got him something to eat because he hadn't had much. About 45 - 60 minutes later he was home and in the shower. Great, right? Well, it would have been except he passed out in the shower for unknown reasons, scraping his foot and bumping his head and side. Five hours or so later he was still complaining about his side hurting. He mentioned that he wondered over the weekend if he was getting sick. His surgery is supposed to be Wednesday. I am mystified over the fainting spell and a little unsure of what to do regarding surgery. It seems a bit overkill to take him to the doctor, but if there's something going on...

I let four of the boys go to the park with a couple of neighbor boys to play tackle football this evening. During the game Jacob got clobbered just below his left eye! I have never in 23+ years of parenting and eleven children - 8 boys at that - seen anything like the swelling that occurred. He had a golf ball where his cheek bone used to be! He did pass out when hit. John decided that we should take him to some medical facility to make sure that the bone(s) are okay. They went to Urgent Care, where it was recommended that they go across the street to the hospital emergency room for a CT scan. He was then moved to the pediatric emergency room in the same hospital. Now - 3 1/2 hours later - he has just had his CT scan, and they say the results will be another hour in coming. Poor John is with him, and will not likely get any sleep before beginning his long work cycle all over again on Tuesday.

I should mention that God is just amazing! He knew what we were going to need in this season of life. We have great health insurance right now. (I am earnestly hoping it will not be ripped away with the election of a new president. Universal health care is not a good thing. Our friends in other countries have testified to that!) Please, it must not be forgotten in my little parenthetical soapbox to thank God and praise Him for blessing us so richly! (James 1:17)

I will let you know how all three children progress. Thanks for praying in the meantime!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'll be praying for them and the family.

Mom said...

I didn't check the blogs before I went to ladies Bible class this am or I would have set them all to praying. We did pray that Jason gets well before his surgery date. Am anxious to here what's up with James.