Saturday, October 13, 2007

James

I keep debating about whether or not to give a James update. I remember being a teenager and not wanting my mom broadcasting my whole life to the world. I have decided to go ahead because he's got some big things going on. He has been sick for several weeks with a bad cough. Sadly, it appears to be the allergy driven stuff that he's been plagued with for many years. Initially he was better here than in the midwest, but that seems to be changing. We finally took him to the doctor who gave him a very relieving breathing treatment and prescribed a strong antibiotic, two inhalers and a drug to inhibit allergic reaction long term. He took the last of the antibiotic today and doesn't appear to be any better.=( I guess we will go back if he isn't well soon.

Also, he had a series of spine x-rays recently. They revealed scoliosis. He has two curves, one thoracic and one lumbar and two or three misshapen vertebrae. (Vertebrae should be rectangular - or the same height at all places. James has some triangular - wedge-like - vertebrae.) These things are possibly due to Scheuermann's kyphosis. He will see an orthopedic surgeon on October 29.

He had some minor, routine lab work done too. It came back with some questionable results. We are going to repeat that Monday to see how it compares. It could be nothing, but it could be another issue for him too.

I would be grateful if you'd pray for him. I will let you know how things turn out over the next weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'll definantly pray.

Mom said...

Tell James that I can send some BreathRight strips if he would use them. They are not the whole answer, but may help, especially at night.

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be praying for him and the rest of the family! I'm so glad to hear that Jason is doing well and you are all pretty much enjoying your new location!
Love, Bethany