Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Another step for Jason


On Saturday one of Jason's nasal conformers came completely out of the nostril. We called the doctor who said that it wasn't that big of a deal. He said we could try to find the stitch and cut it, then removing the tubes - and call Monday if we couldn't. We did try, but without success. (I later discovered that the stitch was clear like fishing line.) In the process we mutilated one tube. Here is a picture of poor Jason with the ill-placed tube.


Monday, first thing, I called the doctor's office. I ended up taking him and having the conformers removed. Yippeeeee! Yesterday (Monday) I was feeling kind of sad about how he looked. As he has healed his nose and mouth haven't looked as good as immediately after surgery. I guess it was just a let down. Today, however, I am feeling better about him. Being objective, he really does look pretty good for only four weeks post surgery. These are pictures after I got him all cleaned up following conformer removal.



3 comments:

Bethany Joy said...

He is so cute! He really looks great for all the little guy has been through.

Mom said...

I think his nose will be fine outwardly. Not sure, of course, about the inside needs. He is such a sweet boy! Mom's are supposed to be worry-warts I think, but you know that God is always merciful. "His mercies are new every morning."

Amy said...

What a sweetie-pie!!