Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas #4


Joshua is such an animated child! I love that about him. If the kids are playing X-Box he's the one I can hear all over the house. If they are playing ping pong I know who's winning or losing by listening (from anywhere) to Joshua's exclamations. So here he is Christmas morning reacting to an X-Box game that Michael and Elizabeth got for the boys.

Unrelated to Christmas, he, as you might remember, was diagnosed with Osgood Schlatter's, a condition of the knee(s). It is usually the result of a very fast adolescent growth spurt. It has gotten worse recently, even obviously showing some deformation. I am going to take him to see the orthopedist. Sometimes the tendon that is effected by faster growth than it can keep up with can actually snap. I want to see how severe Joshua' s case is and establish a baseline for future comparison.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It must be hard to be an active/athletic boy and be held back with such pain.