Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas #5

This is Jacob with his hot cocoa mix from Grandma and Granddad. He was as excited about it, I think, as he was the accompanying money.





Santa and his elves all pitched in to get Jacob a new and very nice ping pong pad...no the proper term I am told is table tennis racket. If you look closely at the picture you can see Jacob holding two paddles, er I mean rackets. One is an old one, the other the new. We wrapped a box with a notecard in it telling Jacob to challenge James to a game of ping pong - no table tennis - as a clue in his abbreviated scavenger hunt. He went upstairs and got a pad...racket with which to make his challenge. In the meantime James appeared with the new pad-- (Oops again! I just can't get it right. I mean racket=) Jacob was very surprised by his new table tennis accessory, namely a racket for table tennis. (When I was a kid it was just plain ole ping pong.)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm surprised that one might like/need hot cocoa in Phoenix. I should have thought about that and put an iced tea mix in - right? Of course the temperature in the 60's must seem cold.

Mom to Anyone said...

Actually, since there's such a discrepancy between night and daytimes temps, it is chilly during the night and early morning. The temp in the younger boys room Tuesday night was 61. The low temps have been in the 30's outside.